Hippojuice Highlights 1/18/17:
– Music the men on the show weren’t allowed to listen to as children because of religion
– The most annoying airplane passangers top 14 list
– We talk about the new Nintendo Switch & Zelda and how amazing it looks
Talk Radio Meltdown 1/13/17 – Episode 339: This Is (Not) Us
– Fro has a divorce update!
– Jack is wearing a shirt with Chris Pratt on it, and Red is oddly interested in it
– Boston Calling 2017 lineup is revealed, and it’s all forms of epic
– La-La-Land won all the Golden Globe awards
– Meryl Streep vs. Mel Gibson vs. Vince Vaughn vs. Trump supporters vs. Elvis
– America prepares for the inauguration of President Danny Tramp
– Since when did “All Star” become a meme?
– Nintendo announces the release date of the Switch and the new Legend of Zelda
– Daniel Tromp gets uppity with a CNN reporter at his first press conference as President-somehow-elect
– Jack tried to leave his dog home alone for 2 hours, with messy results
– Jack and Red try to convince Fro to watch This Is Us
– William Hung should front all of the bands – all of them.
– Dead woman just chilled out in the kitchen of a Brookline home for over a year
– Liam Gallagher vs. Noel Gallagher – the never-ending battle
– Dear Red Cross: PLEASE STOP CALLING US
– Lucasfilms confirms Carrie Fisher will not get the Peter Cushing digital treatment
– Famous movies that turned into television shows
The Reel Thing for January 9, 2017
-Greetings from the other side of 2016 and Happy New Year! We welcome back all of our lovely followers by discussing the recent champ at the box office, Rogue One…..wait, Hidden Figures won last week???
-The Golden Globes occurred last night, and we discuss the winners and our takes on the movie awards season moving forward
-Chris and Mark both review the critically acclaimed La La Land, as well as the equally lauded Manchester By The Sea
-Furthermore, The Reel Thing hosts both give their respective Top Ten of 2016
-Finally, Mark and Chris give a quick preview of their most anticipated movies in 2017, as well as a side bet that definitely needs to be mentioned during the 2017 NFL playoffs, AND a reminder to be excellent to each other (shameless plug to Buttercup Sunset, RamCat Jackson and Cupcake Burlesque FTW)…PARTY ON, DUDES!!!!!!
Talk Radio Meltdown 1/6/17 – Episode 338: TalkRadioMelt
– Our new fancy mixing console is put to the test
– Beginning the first show of the new year with a horrific joke by Red
– Join Red’s Clash Royale group, “TalkRadioMelt”
– Super Mario Run, or Nintendo’s attempt at entering the free-to-play games market
– Mariah Carey’s career, the final celebrity death of 2016
– Some doofus crashed his Lamborghini on I-93 in Quincy
– Video game rage: Kid gets flashbanged, flips his shit playing Call of Duty
– SPOILERS: The end of Star Wars: Rogue One is discussed
– Helen Mirren vs. Meryl Streep vs. Betty White
– Girl Meets World has been canceled
– Jimmy John’s has invaded Massachusetts
– Mike’s wife presents “Working with a One-Upper”
– Donald Trump vs. Arnold Schwarzenegger: Battle for the ratings!
– Braun Stroman’s Tinder profile has been leaked, so we take a guess as to what wrestlers in character would put as their Tinder tag lines
– Raw & Smackdown recap: Smackdown is doing everything right while Raw is doing everything wrong
– TNA has a new majority owner
– Wrestle Kingdom 11 already being called the PPV of the year
Talk Radio Meltdown 12/30/16 – Episode 337: My Year In Lists
– Enjoy our final episode of the year; a year we would otherwise like to forget
– Acquiring the new board for the show has been nothing short of a nightmare for Jack
– The Great Celebrity Genocide of 2016 has hit it’s peak: RIP Carrie Fisher, – Debbie Reynolds, the actor who performed Alf, and the guy who invented the Red Solo cup
– Man creates a GoFundMe to protect Betty White from 2016
– Jack really dislikes country music
– Talk Radio Meltdown’s Top 10 songs of 2016, continued!
– Steve Martin and Cinnabon post tweets about Carrie Fisher that offend everyone (but probably would have made Carrie Fisher herself laugh)
– Rogue One is one of the best Star Wars movies in the franchise
– Jack watched the Eagles tribute on CBS
– Horrific names for your baby
– Battlefield 1 players attempt a Christmas truce and party like it’s 1914
– Buckcherry, not to be confused with Chuck Berry; one should be dead, and one is still very much alive
Hippojuice Highlights 12/28/16:
– Royce tells an Uber story about Spirit airlines getting sued
– We run down some of the better Christmas movies and realize Kyle hasn’t seen many growing up as a JW
– Yoga pants are ruining our morals and Louboutins are exchanged for blow jobs
– Were Cinnabon and Steve Martin offensive with their Carrie Fisher tweets? Breaking news, we also just lost Debbie Reynolds
– We run through technology predictions for 2020
The Reel Thing for December 27, 2016
-Happy Holidays to one and all, and may the Force be with you as we both review the reigning champ for the last two weeks from a galaxy, far, far away, Rogue One: A Star Wars Story. It’s made a ton of dough at the box office, but is it worth the hype or are we being pulled into another SW cash grab (FYI, technically they’re all cash grabs, to be honest)?
-RIP Carrie Fisher, who died today. We remember her for being the bad ass woman that she was and is to fans of Star Wars (and film) everywhere #SIGNIFICANTDEATHS
-Chris and Mark review two new trailers that came out, both courtesy of Ripley Scott (Alien: Covenant and Blade Runner 2049), and Mark may have to watch a movie for #FINALLY based on this conversation
-We end this year (and the holiday season) with a run-through of our favorite and recommended Christmas movies you should give a damn about. WELCOME TO THE PARTY, PAL!
Talk Radio Meltdown 12-23-16 – Episode 336: Does a Menu Count?
– The start of this episode was plagued with equipment malfunctions. Enjoy Jack’s silent rage!
– Carrie Fisher suffers a massive heart attack on a flight
– WAAF (formerly “The Place We Can’t Talk About”) rejiggers its on-air lineup
– Tiny Toon Adventures was an animated masterpiece
– Talk Radio Meltdown’s Top 10 songs of 2016
– The importance of audio quality
– Introducing Cooper, Jack and Kate’s new roommate
– blink-182 has a new album recorded
– Jack kept his promise from Episode 335 and edited Red saying “fuck you” six different ways
– Red has his own list of Top 10 things from 2016, neither of which are books
Talk Radio Meltdown 12/16/16
– This is a live radio show once again! Listen to Talk Radio Meltdown on More Like Radio every Friday 8-10pm ET
– “Jack was right.” – James “Big Red” Park II
– Prior to the show, there was a heated debate over Johnny Galecki
– Recapping the Celebrity Genocide of 2016, because more of them died
– Spoiling the big cliffhanger on This Is Us
– Donald Trump has a slight disdain towards SNL
– What might Arnold Schwarzenegger’s catchphrase be on “The New Celebrity Apprentice?”
– MSN has a long-ass list for “In Memoriam 2016”
– How to make a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, and why you’re probably not thinking about it
– Christopher Walken reviews “Hacksaw Ridge”
– What even is the point of the “The Fast and the Furious” franchise?
– Mike Epps: Once funny, now not
– The iPhone 6s is evidently doing its best impression of the Samsung Galaxy Note
Hippojuice Highlights 12/14/16:
– How hipsters killed food in 2016.
– Pastor Royce claims to make men’s penises larger by massaging them with his hands.
– FSU student redirects the entire school to meatspin.com and doesn’t get a medal.
– Would you eat a My Little Pony burger?
The Reel Thing for December 13, 2016
-Happy Holidays, ya filthy animals! We talk the numbers for the last two weeks (the reigning champ for the last two weeks, Moana…the Hawaiian version, not by Tony Danza), and review some recently released Golden Globe contenders, including Loving and Nocturnal Animals
-Rapid fire time! Some quick takes from Chris and Mark in regards to some new trailers (The Mummy reboot with Tom Cruise, Spiderman: Homecoming, etc.), Jimmy Kimmel hosting the Oscars, Trump versus SNL, and some ground rules needed for movie trailers moving forward into the awards season.
-Speaking of which, we review the nominees for the Golden Globes, and briefly touch back on the season finale of Westworld.
Hippojuice Highlights 12/7/2016:
– Royce and Marie open the show alone and talk about what makes someone funny and where Pastor Royce came from
– We go into Kyle’s back story of why he likes tech and AI so much
– Royce talks about how he’s using his new Google Home and we explore how cars are integrating with Google and where VR is going next
– Warning, Royce spoils Westworld at 8:45 accidentally.
– Amazon is building grocery stores you can just walk out of and pay